|The Hoboken Family Alliance is excited to launch "The Takeout Project" today. |
There's a need in our community to support local restaurants and help feed families affected by the pandemic. Due to COVID-19, our local restaurants can only serve at 35% capacity. This is a significant decrease in the amount of business they can conduct.
With The Takeout Project, here are 3 options to support both your favorite restaurants and local families in need!
1) Donate Online: and HFA will purchase gift cards to local family friendly restaurants.
2) Donate in Restaurant: Purchase a gift card(s) and leave it with the manager at the following current local restaurants.
- Anthony Davids - 953 Bloomfield St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Baking Mama - 88 Hudson St, Hoboken / 201-683-0854
- Barbés Restaurant - 1300 Park Ave, Hoboken / 201-610-1000
- Bin 14 - 1314 Washington St, Hoboken, NJ 07030/ 201-963-9463
Choc O Pain - 4 locations:
- HOBOKEN DOWNTOWN- 157 First St / 201- 710-5175,
- HOBOKEN UPTOWN- 1500 Hudson Street, Tea Building / 201- 683-3300
- JERSEY AVE - 530 Jersey Avenue, JC / 201- 435-2462,
- JERSEY CITY HEIGHTS - 30-332 Palisade Avenue, JC / 201- 420-7111
- D’s Soul Full Cafe - 918 Willow Avenue, Hoboken / 201-604-0054
- Dozzino - 534 Adams Street, Hoboken / 201-656-6561
- Grimaldis - 411 Washington St., Hoboken / 201-792-0010
- Joey No Nuts Café - 638 Willow Avenue, Hoboken / 201-253-0099
- Leo's Grandevous - 200 Grand St, Hoboken / 201-659-9467
- Shaka Bowl- 2 locations:
- 110 Washington Street
- 720 Monroe St, Ste. 103, Hoboken / 201-381-1647
- Tony Boloneys- 263 1st St, Hoboken / 201-222-8669
- Vivi's Bubble Tea - 117 Washington St/ 201-626-3889
3) Purchase Gift Card(s) to your favorite restaurant: HFA can pick up from you.
*Please contact philanthropy at hobokenfamily.org for this option
What happens next? HFA will get gift cards to the families in need, including through local food pantries.
1) Donors whose careers have not been negatively impacted can feel good about helping,
2) Helping our local restaurants will have much needed consumer dine-in/takeout flow, and
3) Families (including restaurant workers who are out of work) economically impacted by COVID will enjoy a special, locally prepared meal/treat.
The project will bring our community together to help overcome the pandemic challenges.
Thank you for your support and consideration.
* If you know a restaurant interested in participating, please contact philanthropy at hobokenfamily.org .
This program will run through April 30, 2021
The Takeout Project was originally launched in Northport, LI to support local businesses and provide a special meals for local families in need.